Wednesday, 19 February 2014

My Life (#4): Taylor Swift's RED Tour in London


On Saturday the First of February 2014 I went to the O2 Arena in London to see Taylor Swift live at the RED Tour and I can honestly say it was one of the most amazing nights of my life. It was my first ever concert and I couldn't have chosen a better concert to fit that title. 
The Vamps, the opening act, were brilliant and great at entertaining a crowd who weren't necessarily there for them. They made most of the crowd, including myself, end up loving them, as far as I could tell. I especially loved it when they taught us the words to 'Cecilia'.  Ed Sheeran, who Taylor brought on stage part-way through the concert as a surprise guest, was wonderful and they sung Lego House together perfectly. Taylor's band, back-up singers and dancers were fantastic and looked like they were having so much fun.
Onto Taylor herself. Miss Swift is a spectacular entertainer who made the evening fabulous, incredible, marvellous and stunning and who left me awestruck. I really liked it when she talked about a song before performing it, it made it somehow more personal despite the fact that she was performing to a sold out crowd of about...15,000, I think it was. I also thought that it was really good that she moved around the arena, making every seat a good seat.
Thank you to Taylor Swift, for a night I doubt I will ever forget, and thank you to everyone who made that concert possible. I couldn't praise everyone highly enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment