Friday, 20 June 2014

My Life (#5): Scrambled Eggs

Yesterday I made scrambled eggs for the first time (bear with me here, I promise it gets more interesting, well, I hope it does). It may seem a little strange, that I'm 18 years old, and I've only just made scrambled eggs for the first time, but it's just one of those things I've never gotten around to doing. I mentioned it because the reason that I had time to make scrambled eggs for breakfast was because I've finished College! Well, mostly. I still have the viewing of my A Level Art Exhibition to go to, and then I have to take down all my Art work and take it home (that's going to be fun on the bus), but apart from that (and Results Day, but I'm trying not to think about that...) I'm done for the summer! So, I thought I would write about what I plan to do this summer, before I go to university (hopefully...yikes).
First, relating back to the scrambled eggs, I'm going to be doing more cooking. Since, like I said, I'm planning to go to university in autumn, I thought it would be a good idea to make sure I could actually do more than make toast. Obviously I'm starting with the basics that I've never made before, like scrambled eggs.
Something on my summer to-do list which I've already done is decorate my room. I've rearranged the posters on my bedroom walls so that I have a collage above my desk, with posters of my favourite people, and I've also added little souvenirs that I associate with good memories, so I smile every time I look at that wall. And there's still enough space so that I can add new things as I get new memories. I also have one corner of the room decorated with Doctor Who posters. Because Doctor Who also makes me smile.
Other things I plan to do this Summer include reading (a lot of reading, I want to read challenging and interesting books, like the classics, that will make me learn), writing (practice makes perfect, well, practice makes slightly better than before), and going on holiday with my family. I'm also hoping to volunteer at my local library. Generally, I'm just going to try and make the most of my time.
I hope you enjoy your Summer, and that the weather is good to you. And if you're going on holiday, bon voyage!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand the eggs. I didn't learn how to make scrambled eggs until last month and I still have to look at the pieces of scratty paper strewn about with my "recipes" for fried, boiled, scrambled eggs and eggy bread :-D And yet I've know how to make pancakes since I was six... priorities!

    ReplyDelete