Sunday, 8 February 2015

My Life (#6): Resolutions

So, back in January, like many other people, I made some resolutions, basically a list of things I want to do this year, and since we're now into the second month of the year, I thought I would look back on the past month to see how I've been progressing with those resolutions.
Firstly, I decided I wanted to be more experimental with cooking; I wanted to try new recipes and make a meal plan for each week to keep track of what I was going to eat (which makes it easier to make shopping lists, as well as to keep track of how I'm doing with my resolution). I decided to do this because last term, which was my first term at university, I mainly survived on rice, pasta, and soup (although I am happy to say that I barely touched a ready meal and went nowhere near the pot noodles). And I have to say, I think I'm doing quite well with this resolution. I mean, I still make quite basic meals, and there is a lot of pasta and rice involved, but I think I am becoming more varied in what I'm eating. Today I even made chicken with curry sauce and rice, which I'd never tried making myself before, and it turned out pretty well.
Now, my second resolution was to take up running and my aim was to be going on regular runs, probably twice a week, by the end of the year, but I have changed that resolution since I made it. I've found it difficult to make time for running, so I've decided instead to simply do more exercise. I know it's vague, which might make it more difficult for me to stick by, but I have ideas for how I'm going to do that. I'm going to take the stairs up more often (I live on the thirteenth floor of my building, so I think that'll help), and then when I move off-campus in September, I'm going to try and walk into campus when I can (it's about a forty-minute walk). And when I can, I'm going to go on walks.
Finally, I've resolved to learn to drive this year. I'm 19, so I've had two years to start learning already, but I've just never gotten around to it, so I want to get it done this year. I'm planning to do it in the summer, when I'll have a few months off from university, and hopefully I'll be able to learn, take my test, and get my licence!
Hopefully, I will manage to do these resolutions, and hopefully this post has been interesting to you! I'm not sure how interesting it is to read someone else ramble on about their resolutions, but there we go. Comment below what your resolutions were, if you made any, and if you've managed to stick to them or not, I'd love to hear (or rather read) from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment